The undergraduate degree in English Literature offers 146 semester credit courses in the subject areas of English Literature and Language.
The courses are tailored to equip students with the core knowledge in Literature Studies and Applied English Linguistics and prepare them to meet the challenges in the workplace that requires strong mastery of English, academic, and technical skills.
"Where the cultivation of academic and technical skills is at the heart of a language learning program"
Three academic options offered including Creative Writing, Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), and Translation/Interpreting.
Minor and elective courses in English for Business Purposes will also supplement the students with the skills needed to work in business areas.
14 Mei 2020
UKRIDA merupakan salah satu Universitas dengan berbasis nilai Kristiani yang saat ini terdaftar sebagai lima besar Universitas Kristen terbaik di Indonesia
29 April 2020
UKRIDA Students Improving Skill Through NUDC 2019
"To be an Outstanding Department of English in Indonesia based on Christian Values"
- To offer high standard language and literature education, research, and community services
- To provide students faculty the opportunity to experience spiritual, personal, and professional growth
- To prepare students for their success in future careers and graduate study in English and for lifelong learning
- Soft-skills programs aim at fostering character building and personality development.
- Extracurricular activities are in the areas of student’s interests such as sport, music and art, and religious fellowship.
- Internship programs offer students practical experiences related to their academic options and career interest.
- The student exchange program enriches students with cross-cultural friendships and international work experience.
- Workshops and conferences update students with the latest development in the field of English Language and Literature.
- Pull Out Program personalizes different levels of students in English skill classes in semester II and III.
- UDE Global Skills equip students with more additional global skills such as critical thinking, public speaking, and professional skills and certification in TESOL, Creative Writing, and Translation.
- UDE Small Talk offers students with academic and professional sharing from UDE faculty members and experts.
- Students Clubs such as Drama Club, Public Speaking, and Creative Writing, which facilitate students to develop and sharpen their English skills and interests.
- Field Trips such as Theater Visit, Yogyakarta Visit, which enrich students with an academic, social, professional, and cultural experience.
- 3-in-1 Field Trip to Yogyakarta the students experience 3 in 1 programs including company visit (translation agencies), script writing workshop by Institut Seni Indonesia (ISI), and Community Service program (Literacy for Children, in collaboration with Dombi Kids).
- Journalistic Coaching by Metro TV, which sharpens students’ potential in creative writing.
"I was the first batch of UDE student in 2014 and I was one of the first batch of UDE graduates in 2018. Before graduation, I was accepted as an Operational Staff of tracking administration in a private logistic company located in Tanjung Priok. The impression of being Ukridian is out of the world for me. I learn how to see the bigger picture of everything I face everyday. Besides, the value of integrity is also something I obtained while learning at UDE. The environment was also very friendly, communication between lecturers and students are maintained not only inside the class, but also in my daily life as a student. The most valuable experience that helped me throughout my career life is integrity. Through integrity, I learn to do things the at the very best that I'm capable of. It helps me to work profesionally and adapt faster in my workplace. Paint your purpose with passion and try out new things, life is too short to hold yourself back."
Being a second-batch student in UKRIDA Department of English (UDE) has been so unforgettable. During my 3.5 years of learning in UDE, the lecturers were absolutely cooperative and inspiring. They made me more motivated to do independent learning and gain insights by being active during classes. UDE provided me an opportunity to broaden my experiences through variative learning methods, projects, and two-month comprehensive internship in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In addition, UDE helped me to discover my passion for life as an English translator. UDE is not just a place to learn, but also a warm home where I found a family inside. Now, I am working as a professional English translator in a reputable financial company at the Wall Street of Indonesia – Sudirman Central Business District. Enhanced hands-on skills and knowledge I received from UDE have made me who I am. Day-to-day article translations and consecutive interpreting depict a major part of my working life. UDE, with its balanced portion of theories and real practices, has empowered me to be confident during work.
Students will benefit from access to the following facilities:
Library containing various collection of textbooks: fiction and non-fiction, scientific journals, multimodal texts and multimedia.
2. Language Training Center
Language Training Center provides students with the opportunity for language enrichment, assessment, and internship experience.
3. Language and Computer Laboratories
Language and Computer Laboratories are well-equipped and updated with the latest applications and technology for language learning.
4. Psychological Services Center
Psychological Services Center helps students to make a well-informed decision about their study concentration by assessing their skills, interests, and personality preferences.
6. Self-Learning Center
Self-Learning Center offers comfortable space and environment for student's independent learning or group work.
7. High-speed Internet connections
High-speed Internet connections support independent learning and e-learning program.
- Critical and Creative Inquiry
- English for Business Purposes
- Cross Cultural Understanding
- Service Learning
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Creative Writing I-II
- Screenwriting and Playwriting
- Creative Writing Internship
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Introduction to Literature
- Literary Genres
- Foundations of Western Culture and Literature
- ESL Teacher Knowledge
- World Englishes and Language Teaching
- TESOL Internship
- Curriculum and Technology Design
- Introduction to TESOL
- Translation and Interpreting I-II
- Multimodal Translation
- Translation and Interpreting Internship
- Introduction to Translation and Interpreting
- Extensive Reading
- Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Business Communication and Negotiation
- Foreign Languages
- Content and Language Integrated Learning
- Literary Translation
- Introduction to Corpus Linguistics
- English for Journalistics Writing
- Translation of Legal Documents
- English for Tourism and Hospitality
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Morphology and Syntax
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Pragmatics and Semantics
- Research Methods in Language and Literature
- Seminar of Thesis Proposal
English Skills Courses
- Speaking and Listening I-III
- Reading and Writing I-III
- Vocabulary and Pronunciation
- English Grammar
- Integrated English Skills
Ketua Program Studi
Ignasia Yuyun Y, S.Pd., M.Pd.
Earned her bachelor's degree in English Education at Universitas Sanata Dharma Yogyakarta and completed her master's degree in English Education at Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI), Bandung. Her research is in the field of Technology Enhanced Language Learning, Applied Linguistics, and Curriculum & Technology Design. She is a nationally certified lecturer in English Education.
Ira Rasikawati, Ph.D.
Graduated from Petra Christian University, Surabaya and completed a teacher training and research program at Chiba University, Japan. She earned her master degree in Applied English Linguistics at Atmajaya Catholic University, Jakarta. Her research interests include Second Language Reading/Writing and Second Language Learning. She completed her Ph.D. in Education (Literacy Concentration) at Seattle Pacific University, USA.
Head of Language Laboratory, Lecturer
Siegfrieda Alberti Shinta Mursita Putri, S.S., M.Hum.
Lecturer earned her bachelor's and master's degrees in English Language Studies from Sanata Dharma University, Yogyakarta. She was a Fulbright visiting scholar at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) Johns Hopkins University, Washington, D.C. Her research focuses on Translation, Discourse Analysis, and Sociolingistics.
Coordinator of UKRIDA Language Training Center, Lecturer
Hanna Juliaty, S.S., M.A.
Graduated From Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta and earned her M.A in Education (TEFL) from the University of Birmingham, UK. Her main research interests are Learner’s Autonomy, Pedagogical Practices in ESL/EFL Classrooms, and Teacher’s Professional Development. She is a nationally certified lecturer in English Language and Literature.
Athriyana Santye Pattiwael, S.Pd., M.Hum.
Earned her bachelor's degree in English Education at Universitas Pattimura, Ambon and completed her master's degree in English Language Studies at Universitas Sanata Dharma, Yogyakarta. Her research interests are in the field of Cultural Studies, Translation, and Applied Linguistics. She is a nationally certified lecturer in English Education.
Emanuella C. Natalia M, S. Pd., M. Hum.
Earned her bachelor's degree in English Education at Universitas Sanata Dharma, Yogyakarta, and her master's degree in English Language Studies from Universitas Sanata Dharma, Yogyakarta. Her research interest focuses on Cultural and Film Studies.
Didi Sulistiyono, S. S., M. Hum.
Graduated from Universitas Negeri Sebelas Maret, Solo and earned his master degree in Applied English Linguistics at Universitas Katolik Atmajaya, Jakarta. His research interests are Translations, Applied Linguistics, Corpus Studies, and Journalism.
Graduated from Indonesia Christian University, Jakarta.
Ferdinan Okki Kurniawan, Ph. D.
He completed his Ph.D. in linguistics from Cornell University (USA) and finished his M.A. in linguistics from Eastern Michigan University (USA), and bachelor's degree from the Christian University of Indonesia. His linguistic interest is interdisciplinary as it combines a number of subfields of linguistics such as phonetics/phonology, speech corpora, speech processing, language variation, and language change.
Program Studi Sastra Inggris
Universitas Kristen Krida Wacana
FakultasIlmu Sosial dan Humaniora
Jl. Tanjung Duren Raya No. 4
Jakarta Barat 11470
Telepon: +62 21 566 6952 Fax.: -